Friday, January 15, 2016

So What Now?

Creating these blog posts and writing an analysis of the series has been very beneficial for my own reflection of the production. Initially, I watched the first season feeling satisfied with its feminist qualities, and it wasn’t until I did some research that I absorbed the show’s fallbacks. Too often, we watch a series that seems to be pivotal to existing television and ignore anything problematic about it. Even though the positive feminist qualities of the series outweigh the negative, it is still important to address the flaws present. 

I advise readers and viewers of the series to continue to support the production, but also actively contribute to the conversation surrounding Jessica Jones, comic culture, and television through a feminist lens. My aspiration is that future seasons of the show will offer solutions to its flaws and continue to offer complex and positive representations for women superheroes and all marginalized groups.

No comments:

Post a Comment